Saturday, February 21, 2009

people under the stairs

By some stroke of luck or good fortune, I once again have internet access in my room. I know the internet in China is bad, but my computer's lack of ethernet port and resulting reliance on other people's wireless connections is worse. Buying a computer that lacks essential features... poor life choice.

Last night, a bunch of us headed to the Shelter to catch People Under the Stairs. It was an excellent show. Highlights of the night: when L's boyfriend was dj'ing and played Jurassic 5 - Red Hot, dancing and general craziness, abandoned building adventures with J and S, and meeting J's random Danish friends. What sucked: getting busted for bringing outside alcohol. All in all, a great night.

Went out to breakfast with M to Element Fresh this morning. Element Fresh is an American/expat restaurant in Shanghai center (collection of upscale stores/restaurants/apartments/bakeries/etc) that serves non-Chinese food that is basic, healthy, and delicious. By virture of timing (morning after partying), it was possibly the best french toast I have ever had.

Which reminds me... I'm hungry. It's street food time.

No comments:

Post a Comment